How to Reach
The Emerald Forest is located in the tranquil village of Varca, along the southern coast of Goa.
Closest City : Panaji
Route : The hotel is 55 mins drive on the NH17 from Panaji.
Closest Station : Margao
Route : The hotel is 20 mins drive by car/cab or bus from the station
Closest Airport : Dabolim
Route : The hotel is 40 mins away from the airport
Nearest Tourist Spots
Amongst the most beautiful beaches of south Goa,Colva is dotted with palm and coconut trees from Bogmalo in the north to Cabo de Rama in the south. The beach is located at a distance of six km from Margao and is a stretch of around two and half km along the vast Goan coastline. The beach has facilities for affordable accommodation and entertainment.
This Beach is located within the perimeter of 2.5 km of the market town called Chaudi and is accessible from Margao within forty minutes. Palolem is adjacent to Agonda and Colva Beach. This beach is one of the unspoilt beaches of South Goa offering privacy and best opportunity for swimming in the shallow to deep waters. It is considered as one of the safest beach for swimming.
This beach is popular as one of the cleanest and quietest of beaches on the South of Majorda and north of Colva. The beach is abound in popular beach resorts, restaurants and beach shacks providing an exclusive taste of the Goan seafood. There are many places of religious importance like temples and churches to be visited near this beach. Utorda beach can be easily accessed from Dabolim airport, Colva and other important places.
Cabo De Rama Fort
This is one of the oldest forts in Goa built during the Pre-Portuguese era and supposed to be one of the prime attractions of Goa. The name of this fort finds roots in the mythological legends, indicating that Lord Rama along with wife Sita stayed here during their fourteen years period of exile. Inside the fort there is a Church of Santo Antonio which is still in use and visited by devotees to offer Prayers. The atmosphere of this place allures tourists throughout the year. A Fascinating view of the surrounding region can be enjoyed from the top of the fort.
It is the oldest popular fort of Goa which stands firm on the banks of the Chapora River having witnessed the rise and fall of many great empires. The strategic location of this fort made it vulnerable to many attacks by local as well as foreign powers. The steep slopes of the fort make it difficult to climb from the sides. Presently it is the prime attraction of the tourists visiting Goa offering a panoramic view of the region surrounding Chapora river upto Pernem.
This ancient fort of Goa was built in 1613 as a guard against the Dutch and Maratha invasions. The Portuguese fort stands on the south of Candolim on the shores of Mandovi River. It received its name Aguada meaning water, because the fresh water spring inside the fort used to supply water to the ships stopping near the fort. A multi-storey Portuguese lighthouse installed in 1864 is the major attraction for the tourists visiting this fort.
Reis Magos Fort
This fort was specially built in 1551 to protect the region from the intrusion of seafaring vessels into the river Mandovi at the spot where it becomes narrow and permits entry of vessels into this region. Realizing the importance of this strategic location, this fort was built in such a way that it overlooks the Reis Magos church and is surrounded by many walls. The ruins of the fort were renovated and converted into a prison. This place offers an incredible view of the riverbed and surrounding area.